Jakie umiejętności wyróżniają osoby przedsiębiorcze?
Dlaczego jednym sukces w biznesie przychodzi łatwiej?
Znajdziesz tutaj 8 kluczowych kompetencji, opracowanych przez młodych ludzi specjalnie dla młodych rozpoczynających przygodę z biznesem.
Pamiętaj, że nie wszystkie z nich musisz posiadać na początku drogi…
Możesz nawet nie mieć żadnej z nich, ważniejszy jest otwarty umysł i gotowość do nauki.
Większość z nich należy kształtować cały czas i są bardziej drogą niż celem.
The ability to maintain inner balance and how not to burn out.
„You will burn and you will burn out, but then you will be healed and come back again“
„Burnout is a product of building up resentment. You beat it by recognizing what is making you resentful.“
– Marissa Mayer
“When something is important for you, you don’t force yourself to do it. You just make it happen.”
– Jan Koutný
“Being overwhelmed means that your life or work is overpowering you. Regain control by clarifying your intentions, setting realistic expectations, and focusing on your next step.”
– Daphne Michaels
- Exercise – go out doing some exercise to think about something else
- Meditate and go for therapy – find a therapist or therapy group that suits you. There are plenty in the country
- Vent the stress – do any activity that helps you rent stress and relax. This is dependent on your personal preferences
- Teambuilding – doing activity with your coworkers can help immensely to cut down the stress
How to do it
- Get your information. Read books, attend seminars, watch youtube videos. There is a lot to this topic, and most of that depends on your personal preferences. The more you know about yourself, the more you can do to manage your well-being.
- Make contact with people that can help you relieve stress and feel well. It’s not shame to find a therapist or a coach. They are trained in ways to communicate, coach and help people. There are lots of different ways of therapy and coaching techniques, so you jut have to find what suits you.
- It does not have to be a gym, or running, but doing some manual work on you parent’s garden can relieve stress a lot. If you work mentally in your job, it’s important to also focus on your physical side and “tire” yourself with some physical activity. Your mind will be more peaceful place. I personally recommend going fencing.
- It’s also important that when you work for extended period of time physically, do some mental activity – reading, playing games, meditations… The palette is just huge. There are even some groups in most cities that focus on yoga and stuff.
- Look back and learn from your mistakes. If something works for you, do it. If you have to force yourself doing it and don’t enjoy it, maybe it’s time to find a different activity of some kind. Don’t push and overdo it. You are your most valuable resource.
The ability to be independent
Independent in work – ability to work both as an individual and as a team. Also that means the ability to take responsibility. That also means being able to support others and motivate them.
- If you want — work on it!
- If you started — finish it correctly.
- Independence starts from creating strong rules and principles.
- Independence it’s not only doing all actions blindly it’s also trust to people and delegate some doings.
- Burning out it’s not good for your independence.
- work with people as their leader
- work with young people
- when you see that someone is struggling with his task, comfort him and try to support him with at least a good word.
How to do it:
Firstly, to say fully about this topic it needed to be individual. Saying about improving your independence it can be started by delegating actions on yourself, be more active to wide your knowledge, deep your experience in your sphere and start opening new hobbies for yourself. Find and teach correct people and delegate to them doings which you’ve already outgrown to do more important and cost things. Also work for automation your small work and checking your progress and status.
Ability to present your positive approach to problem solving
- Don’t care too much
- Don’t overdo it
- Everything is not as bad as it seems
- It’s better done with smile on your face
- If you don’t know how to do it, go to sleep and try it again next day
Situations where can i train given competence
Project managing – Good way to train it is to lead a group of people into project, it can help you better up your leading skills asswell as keeping positive attitude towards your whole team, because if you maintain a positive way to the project, whole team can benefit from it.
Time pressing deadline – You can learn a lot from managing not to break down from time pressing work, deadline or something else. Sometimes it’s better to try your best than beaking down in stress.
Spending time with kids – Kids have a lot of pure positivity in them, from them you can learn how to stay positive even in the toughest moments, like when someone steals your toy.
How to do it
- Mood awareness – If you can focus more on how you are behaving in stress situations or every day life, It can give you opportunity to think about it more and improve. So when you are in a stress situation, for example, think about what is the best way to to approach to the final solution that you need.
- Don’t repeat the same mistake- Everybody makes mistakes, it’s normal for us to do it, but if we can learn from them, it can produce a lot of positive things in the future. If you learn not to repeat them, you can transform the mistakes into something more valuable and positive, experience.
- Analyze process -You can avoid a lot of mistakes and positive things by preparing a plan and analysis of what you want/need to do. Try to imagine every step of the process, find a solution for it and write it down. Making it by plan is so much better for your mood and approach than making it on the flight.
- Be a mentor – When working with someone who is not as skillsfull in your field, try to be patient with them, transfer the experience, support them in every way you could and that could help them. Because if you yell at someone instead of trying to understand them, the worst thing you are transfering now is to be afraid to ask questions if you don’t know the answer.
The ability to present yourself confidently while being self critical
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” Mark Twain
“Confidence comes from discipline and training.” Robert Kiyosaki
“Truth is not what you want it to be. It is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.” Miyamoto Musashi
“Working together on solving something requires a high level of humility and a high level of self-awareness.” Paul Polman
“We are harder on ourselves than we are on anyone else.” Anne Barton
HOW DO WE UNDERSTAND THIS COMPETENCE
Present yourself the energy that you can give to other people, what you give is what you get. Is it important to feel sure about yourself. But you need to know that you’re not unmistakable. Everybody makes mistake and it’s completely normal so don’t be negative about it and learn from them. It’s better to get negative feedback and think about it positively than not get any feedback at all.
Believe in yourself
Owning up to you your mistakes
Your energy introduces you before you even speak
Self-criticism is an art not many people are qualified to practice
Being self-critical is good, being self-hating is destructive
- Presentation in front of people – being aware that everybody is watching you, this is difficult for lot of people, they are nervous, but it can be improved.
- To present yourself on social media – there are a lot of people who can judge you, it doesn’t have to be necessarily bad thing because you it depends in the point you’re looking at it. You can take it as a constructive criticism and learn.
- Debate – you’re presenting your ideas to people who have completely different opinion. But you have to respect their opinion, not to be aggressive and treat the right even if you don’t agree with them.
- Bad work project – when you do something and you get criticized for that it is important to learn but also don’t take it personally. Take a deep breath, try it again and do not give up.
- Bad results in school – you can be self-critical when you make a mistake, which means that you don’t put the blame on other people if you know it’s your fault (for example teacher, system etc.).
PLAN HOW TO DO IT
- Just start. It can be small steps, but it is important to do at least something.
- Surround yourself by positive things and positively minded people.
- Don’t give up just because someone gives you negative opinion.
- Learn from you mistakes, improve yourself.
- Do a reflection if your day. at the end of the day/week, reflect on what happened. look at what went well, what you can improve, what you have learned. it will make your life a bit easier.
The ability to create your business plan
- Inform yourself!
- Create a successful plan for the upcoming future!
- Get the necessary knowledge to start a business!
- Create something you can relate on!
- Be workatible!
- Business breakfast/brunch – people from different fields share their experiences and thoughts. It is also possible to receive a proposal for cooperation.
- International exhibition WOF Expo (Prague, Czech Republic) – at this exhibition, you can get information about logistics and supply chain. This is an opportunity to see how to properly organize your business and how it works.
- Business Plan competitions (The Collegiate entrepreneurs organization business plan competition) – this competition exists to help early-stage entrepreneurs develop their business skills, you can train how to create a really good business plan. It will include all your knowledges about it because the best plan will be funded.
- Business Conferences (International Conference Management, Accounting, Banking, Economics and Business Research (ICMABEBR), Milan, Italy) – conferences are an opportunity not only to get information and improve your knowledge, but also to share it with others. Through the exchange of thoughts, you can better see your mistakes and achievements.
- Webinars – organizing webinars will provide an opportunity to get feedback from people and improve your knowledge and skills.
How to do it:
- To improve your competence do something for it every day, try to search the information on the internet or ask other entrepreneurs for valuable informations.
- Don’t be afraid to fail the first time, but if you do fail learn from the mistakes. A good business plan will only be written when you have gone to try again and again. You can read books every day, but without trial and error, you can’t learn how to do it right.
- Learn new things. Study accounting and management, do not forget about economics and psychology. You have to look openly and see the whole picture.
- See an example of a business plan. Before writing a business plan, it is better to look at a sample business plan for a company in your industry (cafe, beauty salon, car wash, online store). You will be able to understand how it should look like, how to make the right calculations, what to include in a business plan, industry features, etc.
- Learn how to write a SWOT analysis. You can write it not only for business, but also for yourself. Economics teachers give this task to their students before starting this analysis. This will help you better understand how to write it correctly.
- Try to answer the question “can you compete with existing companies in your segment?”After such an analysis, you will have a clear idea for whom you are producing your products, as well as understand the features of your product. After that you will try to write a business plan in different ways, use new ideas and solve problems.
© 2022 FEIS